Review of the Nissan Note: my "Big Brother" (English)


Following on from my Nissan NOTE photo diary I wanted to write a review of my experiences with the NOTE.




Design & Comfort

I had already seen the exterior and interior design so knew how it looked, but seeing it 'in person' is always different. Ruby Red is how I would describe the color and I would refer to the interior design as sleek, simple and tech inspired. The exterior design is all about lines - it's a very well sculpted car. Suits me down to a T with it's no nonsense design - dynamic and sporty whilst being elegant.

Without a doubt the NOTE was one of the smoothest drives I have had. It truly does pack a punch - whether you are cruising through winding roads, driving at fast highway speeds, zipping through city streets or transitioning in traffic jams. It is an energetic car that's a bit of a mini beast actually.

Thanks to the technology it was such an easy drive. I felt 100% comfortable and confident in maneuvering around, hence the name "Big Brother" as I felt, in a way, it protected from elements that I couldn't see and had a helping hand in others, for example the blind spot, parking assistance etc. but more about that later.

It is a compact car but extremely spacious inside, I was pleasantly surprised. Loads of room and ideal as a family car.

Inside, the NOTE was extremely comfortable.  I am somewhat on the short side but within a few minutes I have everything set up to fit my height and could readjust every element (mirror, steering wheel, seat etc.) very easily.

The backseat was again very spacious and comfortable for both big and small passengers, with plenty of leg room and nice big windows for everyone to enjoy the view.

Sound system - DJ approved. Got your own beats (on your iPhone or iPod)? Just plug it through your USB cable and you are good to go. Drum and bass, hip hop, house, rock - whatever - the treble and the bass are on point. Rock on.





Technology & Gadgets

Let's start with the keys. I loved them. All you had to do was have them in your pocket or bag and the car would unlock. Cool tech!

There were a vast amount of gadgets and technology - from bluetooth for phone calls, GPS and cruise control to parking assistence (with camera), automatic windscreen wipers and lights.

The Safety Shield Technology really does anticipate the unexpected (as the NOTE's slogan says) including: Blind Sport Warning, Lane Departure Warning and Moving Object Detection.

The technology keeps you all in check.   If you feel more confident then you will be a better driver for you, your precious passengers and fellow drivers. It's a win all around!

In addition you also have "Technology to Overcome the City" - namely the Stop/Start System for All (which saves on energy and emissions), the I-Key, Start Button and Wheel Activated Commands (which I found to be extremely functional and very user friendly), Nissan Connect (your control panel for GPS, music and more) and Around View Mirror (making reverse and parallel parking a breeze).

I was also a big fan of the Eco Features and panel which tells u how many kilometers you can still drive with the gas you have. Brilliant.

The climate control was extremely easy to use and change when driving and (in the cold rainy Dutch weather that we had that week) it warmed up to 21 degrees within a few minutes of getting in the car.

Let's talk mileage / kilometers. I had the NOTE for a week and city hopped every day. Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Scheveningen, Zoetermeer, Den Haag, Sunday cruise to the outskirts of Rotterdam, various gyms, Delft etc. and all that took was €58 to fill the tank. Very economical.





My conclusion

I would sum up the NOTE by using the following words: Freedom, Agility, Cool, Stylish, Trendy (but not a "Hipster"), Safe, Elegant and Sporty. Everything was just so easy, simple and user friendly.

Like I said, it really was like having a protective big brother, who looks after you but also wants you to have fun. Anticipate the Unexpected - that's exactly what the Note does. An enjoyable drive that is safe and comfortable for all.

I was proud to be driving this little beauty and grew really quite attached to it. With all it's tech gadgets it got us from A>B safely and in a timely manner whilst letting us enjoy the ride. I'm a big fan of road trips and the NOTE certainly made me want to hop in the car for even the smallest trip. It really was a joy to drive and experience.

The only other way I can sum up the NOTE is through my Pinterest board, if you haven't seen it already check it out here.


No comments: